The Thorp Arch Estate is well connected by all standard modes of transport.
The Estate is well connected to the national motorway network via the A1(M) as well as benefiting from the local road network.
Car sharing – Details of Leeds City Councils car sharing scheme can be found at www.liftshare.com/uk/community/wy. The scheme provides the ability for passengers to seek a lift, as well as for drivers to offer lifts, and is suitable for those seeking either regular or occasional lifts.
- York: The Estate is less than 30 minutes drive from York railway station which provides a half hourly service to London Kings Cross with a journey time of under 2 hours.
- Leeds: There are also two trains per hour between Leeds and London which is approximately 30 minutes drive from the Estate.
For more information on train times please visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk
Leeds Bradford International Airport provides direct connections to a number of European cities and is located within 30 minutes drive of the Estate.
For more information on Leeds Bradford airport please visit: www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk
- 770: Harrogate - Wetherby - Leeds via Spofforth, Boston Spa and Seacroft runs at 30 minute intervals stopping at Walton Corner School Lane, with the early morning and evening buses calling on to the Estate.
- 923: Tadcaster via Boston Spa.
- 412: York - Bickerton - Walton.
- 174: Wakefield - Woodlesford - Garforth.
All these routes are run by West Yorkshire Metro for more information please visit: www.wymetro.com
Cycle Route 665: The Sustrans National Cycle Network provides a safe cycle path between the Estate and Wetherby and beyond via the National Cycle Network. There are proposals to extend Route 665 to Tadcaster and York where there is a connection to Hull.
For more information on using your bike to get to Thorp Arch please visit: www.sustrans.org.uk